1. What ’80s or ’90s fashion did you love but would be embarrassed to wear today, even if it came back in style? Honestly? Tight patterned leggings with oversized sweatshirts. I wore them as a kid when I couldn’t find jeans to fit me and they were the most comfortable clothes in the world. I wouldn’t be caught dead in them thesedays….unless I was inside all alone
2. What current fashion do you wear and love? Or What current fashion do you wear but probably shouldn’t? I love wearing witty Threadless or Woot t-shirts. I also really like wearing knee-high boots with skirts which really pisses off some of my friends.
3. What was your favorite toy as a kid? It really depended on the year, but I was always attached to my stuffed animals. They all talked and had names and we’d play all kinds of make-believe games.
4. What is your favorite “toy” today? Hmm. My first thought was my laptop, but that’s also for work and school so I don’t think it counts completely. I think I probably enjoy my video games the most out of any ‘toy’ I still play with. That is, other than my bear who still talks and plays make-believe with me when I’m lonely.
5. Did you ever own a Sony Walkman? A boombox? Oh man, I had both. In fact I only just decided to get rid of my pink boombox and I still have an awesome Sony CD player in my room. It’s got a flippy-joystick for skipping songs and is rugged enough that it won’t skip while running (or if you drop it).
6. What’s the most played song on your mp3 player? I wouldn’t know because iTunes is always screwing up what it thinks is my most played song. It’s probably something really old by Evanescence or something. Lately I’ve been hooked on “Judas” by Lady Gaga, it’s just not old enough to be played as much.
7. Who was your best friend in elementary/primary school? It changed every year. One year it was Nicole, who introduced me to Sailor Moon. The next few it was Megan, who played ‘princess in distress’ with me and Smash Bros on the N64. Then it was Liz who was the ultimate tomboy and taught me how to pull all-nighters playing Tony Hawk: Pro Skater.
8. Who is your best friend now? I have a few. M, of course. A few co-workers I grew very close to last year, and Val, who I’ve known since the beginning of middle school and will likely be my maid of honor if I ever get married.
9. Who was your favorite musical group in your early teens (age 13/14)? Post a photo. Evanescence. I was severely depressed during that time of my life and I found solitude in the emo/goth phase I went through. It was odd because I was still hanging out with all of my nerd friends in AP classes and stuff. Very odd. I listened to Evanescence almost every single day on the bus to get me through it.
10. Who is your favorite musical group now? Post a link to a song of theirs that you like. It’s really hard to decide, I’ve branched out and there are many groups and individual artists I enjoy thesedays. Sorry to disappoint, but today I can’t pick just one.
Bonus: What do you think is the secret to a good life? If I knew, I’d have everything figured out by now. I think a big part of it though is not regretting life already lived. Changes can always be made, things can always get better or worse, but at one point the choices we made were what we wanted. We can’t let that eat away at us forever.
Check out the other players this week!